Dec 10, 2013

Trailer For AMC's Revolutionary War Spy Series Turn

AMC has released the first trailer for their upcoming Revolutionary War-era spy series Turn, based on the book Washington’s Spies: The Story of America's First Spy Ring by Alexander Rose. Directed by Rupert Wyatt (Rise of the Planet of the Apes), Turn tells the story of The Culper Ring, America's first spy network. It stars Jamie Bell (Tintin), Kevin McNally (The Contract), Burn Gorman (Torchwood), Seth Numrich, Heather Lind, Meegan Warner, Angus MacFadyen, J.J. Field, and Samuel Roukin. It airs this Spring.

2 comments:

dfordoom said...

You don't see many TV series or movies with a Revolutionary War setting. And I don't think I've encountered a Revolutionary War spy story!

Tanner said...

You definitely don't see them often! In fact, your comment made me curious as to why I had an existing "Revolutionary War" tag. So I clicked it, and there's only one other story from 2011 about a spy take on the Paul Revere story that was in development then. (Haven't heard anything else about it since.) As I mention in that post, I wrote a Paul Revere spy script myself a number of years ago (completely unrelated), so I did a lot of research on that subject and era and it's pretty fascinating! I'm looking forward to Turn.